Tuesday, April 5, 2011

graceless

Dear World,

First thing's first, I apologize for being such an awkward person. I'm sorry I get tongue tied when the cool kids talk to me. I can feel you cringe when my timing is terrible, or when I'm not sure where my hand is supposed to go. I know I'm a little clumsy. I know when there's a blanket of silence, I'm bound to break it with some goofy comment. I was born inelegant. Even though I try to hide that part of me, it generally shows up at convenient times like job interviews, dates, and parties.

Despite this,World, thank you for a wonderful day. Thank you for sending me friends who can look beyond my gawky self, and a boy that can too (well...I guess time will tell). Thank you for shaping my life into something good this year. Thank you for giving me guts right in the moments I needed them most. Thank you for all of the people you've sent into my life. I just read a blog where a girl lists out the 100 people who have influenced her for good in the past year. Someday, if I have time I'll do that because I want all of these wonderful people to know who they are.

Just thanks. For turning this really awkward girl into....something good. I'm not sure what it is yet.

Love,

Allee

No comments:

Post a Comment

For my entertainment...